Max & Louie Productions announces Equity and Non-Equity auditions for
“What the Constitution Means To Me” by Heidi Schreck
Playwright Heidi Schreck’s boundary-breaking play breathes new life into our Constitution and imagines how it will shape the next generation of Americans. Fifteen-year-old Heidi earned her college tuition by winning Constitutional debate competitions across the United States. In this hilarious, hopeful, and achingly human new play, she resurrects her teenage self in order to trace the profound relationship between four generations of women in her family and the founding document that shaped their lives.
AUDITIONS: September 19, 2022, 5-9pm.
APPOINTMENTS: Please submit your headshot and resume to Estelle Siteman email@example.com by September 17th, 2022
AUDITION LOCATION: .Zack at 3224 Locust Street, St. Louis, MO 63103 (free parking lot across the street from building).
CASTING: EQUITY and NON-EQUITY ACTORS.
REHEARSAL DATES: March 14- April 5th, 2023
PRODUCTION DATES: April 6-23rd, 2023
PREPARATION: Selected sides from play, which will be sent to actors after resume and headshot are received and appointment time is confirmed. Please indicate hourly time slot preferred. Example: 6:00-7:00 PM.
PERSONNEL: Artistic Director: Estelle Siteman, Managing Director: De Kaplan, Director: Nancy Bell
HEIDI: Female 40-49
She/Her/Hers. The role of Heidi is open to a female-presenting actor of any race. Based on Heidi Schreck; a former debate champion who traveled the country in her teens giving speeches about the Constitution at American legion halls for prize money.
Sunny disposition, Smart, Engaging, Fierce.
LEGIONNAIRE: Male, 40-69
He/Him/His, Caucasian; Someone who can present in an alpha male, macho way but is also capable of interrogating and analyzing that form of masculinity.
YOUNG WOMAN DEBATER: Female, or non-binary teen actor 13-21
She/Her/Hers or They/Them; This character is around 15 but will consider older teens who look younger. Any ethnicity (young persons of color are STRONGLY encouraged to audition) Looking for a student with experience on the forensic circuit and a willingness to share a bit of student’s own life and history on stage. Acting experience preferred.
HEIDI COVER: Will cover role of “Heidi” Breakdown above.
LEGIONNAIRE COVER: Will cover role. Breakdown above.
YOUNG WOMAN DEBATOR COVER: Will cover role. Breakdown Above.
Equity contracts prohibit discrimination. Equity is committed to diversity and encourages all its employers to engage in a policy of equal employment opportunity designed to promote a positive model of inclusion.
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS: Covid safety officer will meet actors in the lobby of .Zack and admit into the audition room when it is their appointment time.
- Requirement for proof of vaccination/negative test.
- Everyone entering the audition venue (i.e., venue employees, Equity members, non-members, casting personnel, creatives, producers, COVID Safety Managers, etc.) will be required to undergo a symptom check and provide one of the following prior to entry into the venue:
- Proof of full vaccination. “Fully vaccinated,” as defined by the CDC, is more than 14 calendar days following receipt of a final dose of an FDA or World Health Organization authorized or approved vaccine. (OR)
- Proof of a negative PCR test result taken no earlier than 48 hours prior to entry into the audition venue. (OR)
- Proof of two negative antigen test results (e.g., the first taken the night before and the second taken no less than 2 hours) prior to entry into the venue. Results of non-proctored at-home antigen tests will not be accepted.
- Two-ply cloth face masks, surgical masks, and respirators (N95, KN95 or KF94) will be allowed for face coverings. Single-ply face masks, gaiters and bandanas are not acceptable face coverings. Everyone in the holding room and audition room will always wear a face covering as described above, except for the actor when they are actively auditioning. The time spent unmasked should be as minimal as possible. Face coverings must be worn correctly (covering the nose and mouth).
- If the risk level for the county in which the auditions will be held is trending upwards and may rise to High (Orange) we will contact members with appointments at least 48 hours before the first audition appointment time to let them know there is a chance that the auditions may need to be postponed or cancelled. All members with appointments will be notified at least 24 hours in advance if the auditions must be postponed or cancelled.